The Versatile Blogger Award
As many of you know it is time consuming and a huge learning curve to start a blog. From setting up and getting familiar with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to analysing the functions of Trover, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Klout, Google+ and finding the time to like, share, follow, tweet and comment. Imagine my surprise when I noticed in my inbox an email nominating me for an award.
Wow, I am really humbled. Being a new blogger to have already received a Liebster Award, now a second award, this one the Versatile Blogger Award. I’d like to thank Travelling Penster not only for following and reading our blog, but also for nominating us. What makes this award even more special is the guidelines states when considering nomination of a fellow blogger think about: “… the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them”. They finish by asking you to: “honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then”.
To have a fellow blogger think I fit that category inspires and encourages me to continue writing and blogging.
So first, I share the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those 15 blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I am so excited to receive this nomination and now I get to pay it forward which helps us all to network.
Getting to know the person/people behind the blogs are what makes these awards special, so I nominate the following and hope to get to know them better.
- Glamourous Traveller
- Frugal First Class Travel
- Nothing but our Footprints
- Bunch of Backpackers
- Nomadic Chick
- Love Travelling
- Travel Notes and Beyond
- My Rainbow Travel
- Where in the World is Nina?
- She Went Where
- Wife With Baggage – A Travel Blog
- Are You Happy?
- The Fly Away American
- As We Saw It
- Gastronomic Nomad
Please go to their blogs and have a read, after all that’s why they were nominated… for their great blogs.
Now time to tell you 7 things about me…
- Our first overseas travel together was our honeymoon in 2011
- We had both went to Bali as our first overseas trip, (with previous partners) and it’s been over 17 years since I was there and even longer for Steve.
- I never had any pets growing up and have always adored cats; I now take pictures of cats whenever I see them in my travels and even started a Pinterest Board for Cats of the World
- At 35 I went overseas for the first time and it took another 3 years until I finally went outside my home state of Western Australia, to Victoria where I lived for 2 years. 16 years later I finally got to see a second state, NSW and yet in the last 3 years have travelled to 17 countries, (and have also inadvertently given away my age).
- I love pretty shoes, but don’t own any (if I did I’d probably break my neck) so I collect anything shoe related and have lots of shoe books in my bookcase. Because of my passion, my blog just had to have a shoe theme.
- I love musicals, old movies and old friends. I have known my best friend since I was 5 years of age.
- I have a fear of birds, especially if they are flying or in flocks on the ground.
UPDATE: We have since received two nominations from Travellingbuzz.com and Wanderlustem.com